Friday, November 1st, 2019. New York City – The 46th Annual New York City Halloween Parade in Manhattan was last night. There were thousands of costumed marchers and thousands of people watching the parade.
According to the organizers:
* – The parade is the nation’s largest public Halloween celebration.
* – Attended by over 2 million people, seen by over 1 million on TV.
* – The nation’s only major night Parade.
* – Recipient of the Municipal Arts Society of New York’s Award for making a major contribution to the cultural life of New York City.
* – Internationally acclaimed in France, Russia, Germany, England, Italy, Japan, Spain, Australia, Brazil, Malaysia, Hungary, Korea, Greece, Poland, China, Argentina, Turkey, New Zealand and Yugoslavia as a result of international television specials on the Parade as well as news coverage and worldwide coverage on CNN.
* – A mile-long stage featuring tens of thousands of costumed marchers, hundreds Halloween characters, including giant masks and puppets, dozens of marching bands playing music from around the world stilt walkers, jugglers, break dancers and other street performers participate in the Parade.
* – An open forum for visual and performing artists to display their art in an environment where all are creators as well as participants and viewers.
* – A vehicle for the co-mingling of the diverse economic, ethnic, social, sexual and racial components of New York City, putting on display the cultural pluralism of the world’s most exciting city.
* A family event, thus serving as a form of creative and positive expression for young people in a safe, celebrative environment.
* A vehicle for New York City schools, design and performing arts colleges and universities, neighborhood associations and artists to work closely with the Parade staff to design major elements for the Parade throughout the year.
* An event which has a positive impact on New York economic life, bringing hundreds of thousands of tourists and an estimated $90 million in tourism dollars into the city, providing Greenwich Village businesses and restaurants their best night of the year.
* – An event which has a tremendously positive impact on how people who live in or come to visit New York see and feel about this community. The excitement and goodwill that it generates is lasting.
Share this post on social networks. You can also “LIKE” my Facebook page, follow me on Twitter, follow me on Instagram, follow me on Pinterest, follow me on Flickr and subscribe to my Youtube channel. You can contact me directly by filling out this form.
Comparte este artículo en las redes sociales. También puedes darle “me gusta” a mi página en Facebook, seguirme en Twitter, sigueme en Instagram, sigueme en Pinterest, sigueme en Flickr y subscríbete a mi canal de Youtube. Puedes ponerte en contacto conmigo directamente llenando esta forma.